Sunday 8 April 2012

Dolce and Gabbana

I absolutely love everything about Dolce and Gabbana's latest Spring/Summer collection.  It pays tribute to the most important feature of Italian life - food.  It sums up the trends of the season into one collection through the use of sheer fabrics, lace, plastic materials and pastels.  It is bold, it is bright and it is fun.
"At a time when Italy is experiencing one of its worst-ever economic crises, the new Dolce & Gabbana collections are there thankfully to serve as a reminder with a picture-postcard smile of just what a treasure trove of legends and character the country still is." - Vogue Paris Collections, Spring-Summer 2012.
Confession: I am a massive fan of a bustier and shorts/skirt that are MATCHING IN PRINT (Kim from Edward Scissorhands may have something to do with it).  And hey, teamed with vibrant zucchini and chilli prints and you've got the perfect outfit for dancing the summer night away on the Amalfi Coast!
I also have my eye on this combo from Topshop... crop top and shorts.


Just as extravagant as the spicy prints were the darker, detailed numbers.
It's the silhouette and sheer qualities of the first two dresses that brings them to my attention.  The last outfit, however, is my favourite.  Dripping with jewels in every colour, it is totally regal and opulent.  It reminds me of this book I read as a child.  I think it's the imagery of the princess sitting on her throne, laden with necklaces, crowns and every sort of precious stone in the world.

(All images courtesy of style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

follow with bloglovin!

Follow LILURATU